Friday, October 9, 2020

Without Love I Am Nothing

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the  gift  of  prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the  poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

The Bible tells us, in the Book of James, that our faith without works is dead. We can say the same about love. Our love without actions is dead. God loves us, and proved it by His actions of coming to earth, living among us, and giving His life for us. We say that we love God, and we claim to love others. Do our actions prove that? Jesus told us, in the Book of John, that if we love Him, we will keep His commandments. He was simply saying, "If you love me, then love me with all that you are, and love others as yourself." Does the way we treat others reflect our love for Jesus? Do our actions, and deeds scream "I love you" louder than our mere words? Loving God, loving Jesus, is more than just saying it. If we cannot prove it, as He did, by our actions, our self-denial, and the way we care & help others, then our words are just that...words, and our love is dead. Jesus gave His life on a cross, are we willing to take up our cross today, and every day?

Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Rom 6:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive Him and His free gift of salvation today (Rom 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment