Sunday, September 27, 2020

Victory or Defeat?

Romans 7:18-19 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to  do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to  do, that I practice.

We all have this struggle. It does not matter who we are, we all live in this world. We have the attacks from the devils, the temptations in the world, but most of all, we have us to deal with. Yes, I said "us". Our greatest defeat comes from that battles we fight from within; the guilt, the self loathing, the feelings of inadequacy, and failure to believe God at His Word. The enemies do not have to fight very hard to defeat us, because we often do a good job of that on our own. The truth of the matter is that we are continually on the battlefield, the toughest one being the one in our own minds. However, we spend so much time feeding our flesh with all the things this world has to offer, and what we choose to entertain ourselves with, that it is a wonder we ever have victory. We need to get serious about our walk and realize that every day we need to be prepared to be on the battleground, not the playground. We can only do that if we begin each day in fellowship with the Lord, and maintain that fellowship throughout. What, or who, are we choosing for fellowship today? It will be the difference between defeat by the flesh or victory in the spirit.

Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Rom 6:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive Him and His free gift of salvation today (Rom 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment