Thursday, September 10, 2020

The Think Trap

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are  noble, whatever things are  just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are  lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there  is any virtue and if there  is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Before I came to know the Lord, I would continually think, "How will I live my life if I give up the lifestyle I'm living?" But that is exactly where the devils wanted me. Even after I accepted Christ I struggled with my thought life, which led to stumbling with the same sin over and over. I would convince myself that I just could not do it. I was defeating myself by my own thinking. It took time for the Lord to change my thinking, but by God's grace, once I allowed Him to change it, I found that the victories started coming. My ability to overcome was always there, because, thanks to Jesus, the Holy Spirit indwells me. I simply had to choose, and Jesus did the rest!

Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Rom 6:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive Him and His free gift of salvation today (Rom 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment