Monday, September 21, 2020

Are We Listening and Doing?

Jeremiah 7:24 Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward.

Well, this is something that steps on my toes in all kinds of ways. I have grown used to listening to a number of radios at the same time, due to my career, and my hobby, I have a tendency to hear more than listen. I am guilty of also being a muti-tasker. So, quite often, the two combined can truly be a recipe for disaster. I listen just enough to make out what each conversation on the radio is about, then when I pick up on one that sparks my interest, that is the one I attempt to listen to. When I take the same approach in listening to God, well, that does not work so well. The best way to truly listen when God speaks is to turn off the noise and distractions of the world. Sadly, we have become so used to the noise, that many have become uncomfortable sitting in silence and just listening. We must learn to sit in silence, listen, and not be so quick to always speak. When we finally hear God's voice, and truly listen, the greater challenge becomes obedience. We must do all we can to become doers of God's Word and will (not our own), and be more than just hearers.

Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Rom 6:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive Him and His free gift of salvation today (Rom 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment