Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Still God in the Valley

Psalm 91:14-15 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will [e]set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.”
I find that I can be annoyingly optimistic most days. I tend to think about how much God has blessed us the majority of the time. However, even with all the blessings in my life, all it takes is my focus being diverted to a single problem that arises, and my optimism goes flying out the window. I have to remind myself continually that God’s power, and His ability to be God, is not diminished one iota by any trial that arises in my life. God is both God on the mountain and in the valley. I just have to remind my heart and mind of that very thing when my thoughts take up residence in the valley moments.
Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Rom 6:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive Him and His free gift of salvation today (Rom 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment