Monday, December 5, 2016

Why Fear?

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
Fear not... How often do we look around us, at the world, our circumstances, and fear about what will happen next? How often do we find ourselves worrying about "this, that, or the other thing", only to ultimately find out we worried for nothing? Christian, why do we worry, if we have been saved by, and serve, the One True God? Still today our God says, "Fear not." We have not been given a spirit of fear. We are to remain calm. Why? Because the God of the universe is with us. Let me stop, and ask, "Who, or what, is greater than our God?" Go ahead, I'll give you a minute... My answer is (and yours should be too), "No one, and nothing." Correct! No one, and nothing, is greater than our God! No circumstance will ever overtake Him. No enemy will ever defeat Him. Nothing can stop Him. So remind me again what there is to fear, when this God I speak of is with us every moment of the day, and night. No matter what He allows, we are not to fear, but instead we are to live for Him, serve Him, obey Him, and fully trust Him. Then rather than fear, we will find peace, joy, and true fellowship with the One who controls, and calms, the storm (even if that storm happens to be the one brewing inside of our heart). Never forget that He who is in us is greater than he that is in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment