Thursday, May 6, 2021

Bless His Name

Psalms 100:4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

Stop for a moment, or two, right now. Do you know Jesus as Savior and Lord? If so, then you know you have eternal life. You and I have hope. Let us put whatever our circumstances are aside for the moment. Is there anything in our lives that we can be thankful for and give God praise for? Do we have food to eat, shelter, and clothes on our backs? Do we have our health intact? Are we healthy enough to go to work? There are many things to be thankful for, if we actually take the time to consider all that God has done, and is doing, for us. We often focus on what we do not have, rather than be content with what we do have. There may even be someone who is reading this who is going through trying times, and cannot at this moment think of something to be thankful for, or praise God for. I will simply bring that person back to my original question, "Do you know Jesus as your Savior and Lord?" If so, right now say, "Lord, thank you for giving me something I most certainly do not deserve, and for not giving me what I do deserve. Jesus, I praise you for forgiving me and bringing me into the family of God. I thank you and praise you for the hope I have, in that no matter what happens, I know that Heaven is my home." Once we begin with expressing gratitude for what we already have in Jesus, it becomes easier to be grateful for everything else He has blessed us with. Let us make it a point to take time to bless His Name today for being far better to us than we deserve.

Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Rom 7:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive His free gift of salvation today (Rom 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment