Monday, March 22, 2021

The Authority to Give or Take

Psalms 71:6, 20 By You I have been upheld from birth; You are He who took me out of my mother’s womb. My praise shall be continually of You. 20 You, who have shown me great and severe troubles, shall revive me again, and bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

It truly amazes me when I see someone who claims to be a born again believer, agree with the world that it is okay to take the life of an unborn child. Have we no fear of God? Have we no regard for life that is precious to the Author of life? There is a miraculous event that happens all around us, yet we give it very little credit, if any at all, as a legitimate miracle. That event is called birth. A life which begins at conception, and grows under the watchful eye of the Creator, and comes forth at a time He deems as the perfect time. Those who have had children know that labor pains can, and will, come on suddenly and unexpectedly. Yet, as unpredictable as childbirth is, it NEVER catches God by surprise, as He is the One who determines the time. Psalm 22:9-10 tells us, "But you are He that took me out of the womb: You did make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. 10 I was cast upon You from birth: You are my God from my mother's womb." This is the same God who the psalmist was trusting at another vulnerable time of a person's life...old age. With all the troubles that David saw and experienced, the one thing he was certain of was that the God who watched him from the time he was in the womb, is the same God who saw him through the toughest of times, and was now the One who would watch over him in his old age. Even more incredible is the fact that this is also the same God who has the power to give us life eternal, and will one day raise our bodies out of the grave. Not only is the Lord God the Author of physical life, He is also the Giver of eternal life in Jesus Christ. As born again believers, we must respect life, fear the One who has the power to give and take life, but is also the One who guards our life through the difficult times. Only God has the authority to give or take a life.

Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Rom 6:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive Him and His free gift of salvation today (Rom 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment