Thursday, March 11, 2021

In the Shelter of Our Rock

Psalms 61:1-4 Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah

From a sad heart to a heart of praise. King David begins with his cries to the Lord, but ends with praise for who God is. When our hearts are overwhelmed by the cares of this world, when we face disappointments and hardships, Jesus is our Strong Tower and our Shelter. It is in Him that we find true peace and rest from the storms of life. It is in Jesus that we find rest from the endless toil of trying to grasp the impossible...life eternal. It was only when we were drawn to our Savior, by our God, that we were finally able to find the rest that can only be found in an intimate relationship with the One who is the Rock of our salvation. Once we are in the Rock, and He and His truth become the foundation of our lives, only then will we find joy, peace, and rest. No matter how overwhelmed we might feel dealing with this life, Jesus, our Rock, is the One in whose wings we find shelter and rest.

Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Rom 6:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive Him and His free gift of salvation today (Rom 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment