Sunday, March 7, 2021

Digging Their Own Pit

Psalms 57:5-6 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth. They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down; they have dug a pit before me; into the midst of it they themselves have fallen. Selah

Proverbs 26:27 says, "He who digs a pit will fall into it, and he who rolls a stone will have it roll back on him." We have a great example of this in Esther 7:9. Haman was hanged on the same gallows he prepared for Mordecai. In life we will encounter those who desire to do us harm. It may be because of our faith, or might be because we are in their way as they try to "climb the ladder of success". Whatever the reason, our best protection is to turn to the Lord in prayer, and trust Him to not only take care of us, but also exact whatever vengeance He deems appropriate. King David found himself running for his life, from Saul. On this occasion, in his pursuit of David, Saul did not realize that he pursued him (David) right into a cave that could have turned into his own grave, if David had not had a heart after God. The Lord is still in the business of taking care of His children. In my own life, I have experienced this up close and personal. False accusations were brought against me by a subordinate who was upset about being held accountable for their work hours. Another took that opportunity to jump on the bandwagon to claim that I failed to do my job. The leaders of the company then took that opportunity to launch a false investigation in order to get rid of me, because I would not go along with some dishonest things they wanted me to be a part of, at a higher level. In the end, even though I had documented evidence that all of the accusations were lies, they chose to get rid of me. I was at a crossroad. Do I sue them, and go after the main character in that sham of an investigation, or do I pray and leave it in the Lord's hands? I know that some thought I was foolish to leave it in God's hands; but in the end the Lord led me to a better, higher paying job, and the ringleader of the false investigation, who knew I was a follower of Jesus, was terminated in the same fashion he got rid of me. When it was all said and done, he was forced to take a job that was a demotion and cut in pay. I share this because there may come times when we will have to choose to exalt ourselves, by seeking revenge, and "showing them a thing or two", or simply pray and ask God to exalt Himself by coming to our defense. The one who dug the pit for me to fall into, tumbled into it himself. In all their planning and scheming they left one thing out of the equation...my God.

Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Rom 6:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive Him and His free gift of salvation today (Rom 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment