Thursday, November 19, 2020

The Greatest Teacher

Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

As I was having my personal devotional time this morning, I was asked to reflect on those who were godly influences in my life. As I thought about it, I had to admit that I never really had that kind of influence in my life. My mom, did the best she could, but with no real father figures around to be an example, or any other real living examples of what it meant to be a godly man, I grew up with a bit of a disadvantage. It was not until my adult years that I came to know Jesus. My walk with Him has been a tough one, mostly because of personal decisions. However, by the grace of God, I have had one of the Greatest Teachers anyone could ask for, the Holy Spirit. In Christ, I have been able to walk through, and learn some tough lessons, in the school of hard knocks, about what it means to live a life that honors God. Although I still have a long way to go, I share this today to hopefully be an encouragement to those who might be struggling with their faith, and their walk with Jesus. God has been my ultimate Teacher, who has been loving, merciful, gracious, longsuffering, and better to me than I deserve. With that said, it has also taken a commitment on my part to be in His Word continually, pray every day, and make a real effort to be a doer of the Word, and not just a hearer. We have a God who does not give up on us. Instead, He beckons us to come to Him and let Him lead us in the paths of life He desires for us to walk on, as we serve Him and fellowship with Him. If we have Jesus, we most definitely have the Greatest Teacher anyone could every ask for. We simply have to allow Him to be God in our life, and let Him lead.

Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Rom 6:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive Him and His free gift of salvation today (Rom 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment