Sunday, July 16, 2023

Even In the Silent Moments

Psalm 13:1-2; 5-6 How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me? But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

How long? King David asked that question four times in two verses. It shows the intensity of his despair. How often have we felt this way? How often has it felt like God was not hearing our prayers, and how often did it seem like God was too busy or just didn't care about what we were going through? The truth of the matter is that our Lord does care. He tells us to cast our cares upon Him, because He cares for us (1 Peter 5:7). Even when God appears to be silent and unsympathethic to our suffering, we can have confidence in knowing that He is well aware of what is happening, and He is still working on our behalf. We see this confidence and trust in the last couple of verses of this same Psalm. Even though David was in deep despair, he trusted in the Lord's mercy, rejoiced in His salvation, and had a song in his heart for God. Why? Because in spite of the troubles the Lord allowed him to experience, he never forgot how much God had already blessed him. As the Lord allows us to walk threw the valleys of life, we must never forget that He is walking with us. He hears us and knows exactly where we are and what is happening. He is working all things together for good; and lest we forget, He has already blessed us more than we deserve. Our God is faithful, true, and never fails us. We simply have to trust that He is still at work, even in the silent moments.

Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Romans 6:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive His free gift of salvation today (Romans 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment