Saturday, February 6, 2021

He Knows

Psalms 32:3-5 When I kept silent, my bones grew old Through my groaning all the day long. For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; my vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah

Why do we hold on to sin, as if God did not know, or as if He were blind? Even worse, why do we hold on to sin, as if God just sits back and winks at it, and says, "It's okay. I still love you." The latter part is true. God does love us. However, He does not just overlook our sins. That would be to say that Jesus' sacrificial death meant nothing to the Father. God forbid! Today, too many preachers, and too many Christians, make light of sin. We are afraid to offend people by pointing out the fact that we all sin, and that we all need to repent and confess those sins. We are so busy preaching that God is love, that we fail to preach that He is also a God of justice, who hates sin! If we do not believe that, then we need to spend much time reading the Old Testament, and reading, in the New Testament, about the wrath that was poured upon Jesus, because of our sins. We must not take lightly the one thing that is the reason so many are on their way to an eternity without God. There is no way any of us can live a sinless life. However, a way has been made for us to continually go before the Lord, in repentance and confession, in order to be forgiven; that Way is Jesus. For so many of us who wonder why it seems that heaven is silent to us, or why we feel so far from the Lord, it might be that we need to do a bit of house cleaning. Today, and every day, we need to take time and ask the Lord to examine our hearts, show us what is there, and then bring those exposed sins to the Lord. Now, more than ever, we need to be walking with the Lord, with a pure heart, serving Him faithfully, and proclaiming the Gospel message. Our time is short, and there are still too many who are on the path to eternal condemnation, without Jesus. Repent! Confess! Get right with God, and proclaim His Good News! After all, what you think you have hidden...He knows.

Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Rom 6:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive Him and His free gift of salvation today (Rom 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment