Friday, December 29, 2023

How We Start and End

‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭‭Psalms‬ ‭63:1‬ ‭[1] O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. [4] Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. [6] When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches.

Do we truly love the Lord as much as we claim? If so, would we not desire to be in His presence, to meet with Him as often as possible, away from the distractions of this world? It truly saddens me when I ask someone about there time with the Lord, and I hear, "I want to read my Bible, but I'm just so busy." "I try to pray, but I have to get to work and just don't have time." These are just a couple of the excuses I've heard, and even used myself in the past. What I have discovered over the years is that we will make time, and find time, to do the things we love most. We will make time to be with the people we love most. We will make sacrifices in order to accomplish this. You don't believe me? Okay, let's stop and consider these things. How often do we hear that a Christian will wake up before the rooster crows in order to get ready for a fishing or hunting trip? The busiest of people will sacrifice an entire day to go to a live sporting event, in a cold, rainy, snowy, and most uncomfortable day. Many will spend all kinds of money and waste many precious hours on video games. Those of us who claim not to have time will waste hours on our phones, on social media; the same phones that also have the Bible apps we use on Sunday morning, IF we "have time" to go to our local church. Should I go on? The bottom line is that if we truly hunger for God, and really desire to walk with Jesus, we will make whatever sacrifices need to be made in order to have some quiet time with Him to pray and read His Word. Jesus Himself rose up early in the morning to go and be alone with the Father. Why then do we think that we need anything less? I guarantee you, my friends, if we will commit to waking up a bit earlier, or if we'll commit to replacing some of the time we waste on mindless and perverted TV shows, and social media; and dedicate that time to being alone with the Lord, it will change our lives dramatically! We can claim to love Jesus until He comes back. We can claim to love His Word; but until we prove it by making some real sacrifices in order to have some real quality time with Him, all we are doing is giving God lip service. By the way, lest we forget, God sees beyond our words, and sees straight into our hearts. So, how did we start our day today? Did we prove that we truly love Jesus by sacrifices an hour of sleep in order to meet with Him this morning and spend time in prayer and in His Word? Will we talk with Him throughout our day, in the car in our way to work, or at lunch time, and on the way home? Will the last thing we do before laying our heads on the pillow be reading and meditating on His Word, giving Him thanks; or will the last thing we do be scrolling through all the nonsense on social media? If we say we love and long for Jesus, is how we start and end our day a true indication of that?

Today, God extends an invitation to you to accept His free gift of salvation (Romans 6:23). Will you accept it? Anyone who calls on Jesus, by faith, in repentance, confessing your sins, will receive eternal life. Do not put off calling on Him, and receive His free gift of salvation today (Romans 10:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment