Friday, April 26, 2019

You Did It to Me

Just the other day I had an interesting conversation with a homeless man who stopped me and asked if we could talk. He asked me to be careful, as I was in uniform, patrolling my route. He said, "It dangerous out here." The conversation continued, and not long after that we were talking about God and the Bible. Turns out he was a born again believer and as we continued our time of fellowship, and people walked by looking at us with curiosity, as we were unashamedly loud and animated about the theme of our conversation, he began quoting John 15:1-6...it was a great time listening to him quote it and stop at the very last word so that I could finish the last verse. The rest of what took place, only Jesus needs to know, but I wanted to share this portion of our meeting and fellowship, because we really do need to be careful how we judge others, simply by their appearance...all the while we talked and had our little moment of fellowship, the verses that kept resonating in my head were Matthew 25:37-40 where Jesus said, “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

No comments:

Post a Comment